Bongiovi Acoustics Legacy Forums
This is our legacy forum! Please visit http://www.dpsinsider.com for current news and discussions. Thanks!
This is our legacy forum! Please visit http://www.dpsinsider.com for current news and discussions. Thanks!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum is maintained to preserve the vibrant discussions of the JVC KD-S100

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
The DPS Plug-In for iTunes (mac only) is now available! Visit www.dpsplugin.com for more details...
Thanks for your interest in our forums! We have just launched our new forum page at http://www.dpsinsider.com All new questions and conversations will be routed there. When registering, please be sure to check your junk mail folder for your confirmation email. Thanks! The BA Team

Which is the better, Linkin Park or Green Day?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
calex

Which is the better, Linkin Park or Green Day? Empty
PostSubject: Which is the better, Linkin Park or Green Day?   Which is the better, Linkin Park or Green Day? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 10:12 am

Which is the better, Linkin Park or Green Day? Green-Day-Official-Calendar-353606aWhich is the better, Linkin Park or Green Day? Fs_linkin_park

I've been an avid fan of Green Day and Linkin Park,
both of them are my favorites. But I can't help myself
comparing these two great rock bands! Who is better?
I made this thread to know your opinion about this.
Who do you think is better, Linkin Park or Green Day?

Admin
xaqmusic

PostSubject: gonna hafta say Green Day   Which is the better, Linkin Park or Green Day? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 2:36 am

Green Day has better songs hands down. I feel LP has done a good job re-inventing themselves out of the new-metal genre however. I guess I just really believe and relate to Billy Joe's vocal performance. cheers
Back to top Go down
http://dpsinsider.com
rob
Admin
rob

PostSubject: Re: Which is the better, Linkin Park or Green Day?   Which is the better, Linkin Park or Green Day? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 3:31 am

What an interesting comparison.... Genre-wise it's hard to compare. Linkin Park has connected the metal sound with the emo/screemo while connecting that electronic music feel of hiphop/rap to the modern digital guitar grind of newer metal. Where Green Day connected the angst of Punk from the 70's and 80's to modern day "digitally produced" version of formula-rock. (You musicians out there will know what I'm saying...) I personally like both bands. I guess the connection between the two for me doesn't necessarily lay in comparing them in terms of their "sound" but rather how both bands "bridged" two worlds together. Both brought the sounds that influenced them musically as they grew up listening to music and made the connection to what was currently happening musically. In other worlds, they combined sounds and kept thinking outside the box while still appealing to the masses. This is basically the approach I envision when producing a new band.
Ironically, the interesting part of this post for me is, when I'm showing off the KD-S100 I actually include BOTH bands in my selection of Demo Music. I use "Shadow of the Day" from Linkin Park as well as "Longview" by Green Day. So CALEX, I may not have really answered your question the way you wanted, but cool thread... It made me think!!!!! Twisted Evil
ROCK ON!!!!
Back to top Go down
RCopt
Admin
RCopt

PostSubject: Re: Which is the better, Linkin Park or Green Day?   Which is the better, Linkin Park or Green Day? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 5:22 am

If you had asked me this question prior to the release of "21st Century Breakdown", I probably would have said something along the lines of Rob's post. However, I am so blown away by the latest Green Day album, that I think I'm going to have to take their side. I absolutely love the recording quality, the production, the songwriting. I love the fact that it's an actual album and not just a random grouping of songs. The recurring themes and the story line really make it worth listening to as an entire album rather than just scanning to the singles.

I know you really didn't ask about any specific album, but I just feel that the latest Green Day offering has gone so far above and beyond their usual and that of anything I've heard from Linkin Park that I just have to give credit where credit's due. Understand that I'm not in any way bashing any previous Green Day albums or anything from Linkin Park. I've enjoyed a lot of material from both groups. But I really can't get over this latest Green Day....... easily one of my favorite albums of the past 10 years.
Back to top Go down
calex

PostSubject: Re: Which is the better, Linkin Park or Green Day?   Which is the better, Linkin Park or Green Day? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 6:15 am

Yeah I agree... All we know that Green Day was gone
for a long period of time but they came back with this
such wonderful album. It's really worth waiting, right?

I heard some rumor that Chester Bennington,
Linkin Park vocalist, will go solo. He will leave Linkin Park...
Is that true?

Admin
rob

PostSubject: Re: Which is the better, Linkin Park or Green Day?   Which is the better, Linkin Park or Green Day? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 12:50 pm

Ya know... XAQ was just talking 'bout the new 21th Century... album. He had the same thoughts on it, especially the recording... Unfortunately, I haven't had the chance to check it out yet. Since you all are touting the recording quality, I'm actually gonna run out and buy the actual CD instead of doing a download!

As far as Chester Bennington doing a solo record, that's interesting... I'll have to give my boys over in the Linkin Park camp and ask around. Otherwise if everyone has tight lips, I'll put a call over to Warner Bros. and find out..... scratch javascript:emoticonp('scratch')

Although I will add, I'm more of a Green Day fan... But doesn't mean I feel their a "better" band????
ROCK ON!
Back to top Go down
Beaty

Beaty

PostSubject: Green Day for sure...   Which is the better, Linkin Park or Green Day? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 2:33 pm

Hands down...Green Day! I started listening to them quite a long time ago. Before they were famous actually. They were bubbling in the punk underground with their second indie record, Kerplunk when I started tuning in. I stayed a fan until American Idiot. Not a fan of that record. Not because it was a huge success...I just did not like the sound of the record...great songs as usual...just sounded very fake to me...The new record sounds very vital and Bitch Vig really brought a great live feel to the record...Most people are not a fan of his early work with Smashing Pumpkins on the albums, Gish and Siamese Dream...but I love it...also a big Garbage fan...so I just think it was a good decision there...Linkin Park has never done it for me...I do agree with Joey Butera though...I give them some cred for shedding the rap/nu-metal skin...and still being a force in the rock community..but yeah....Green Day for sure...
Back to top Go down
http://josephbeaty.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which is the better, Linkin Park or Green Day?   Which is the better, Linkin Park or Green Day? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Which is the better, Linkin Park or Green Day?
Page 1 of 1