Bongiovi Acoustics Legacy Forums
This is our legacy forum! Please visit http://www.dpsinsider.com for current news and discussions. Thanks!
Bongiovi Acoustics Legacy Forums

This forum is maintained to preserve the vibrant discussions of the JVC KD-S100

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
The DPS Plug-In for iTunes (mac only) is now available! Visit www.dpsplugin.com for more details...
Thanks for your interest in our forums! We have just launched our new forum page at http://www.dpsinsider.com All new questions and conversations will be routed there. When registering, please be sure to check your junk mail folder for your confirmation email. Thanks! The BA Team

Share | 

Mindlikewater working with Tony Bongiovi.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Beaty

PostSubject: Mindlikewater working with Tony Bongiovi.   Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:47 pm

Being an artist and also part of the Bongiovi team...I often look back on the time Mindlikewater recorded the record, Curving Toward the Sun. Tony Bongiovi produced this record with us. It was a very eye opening experience for all of us. Working at a capacity so unlike the way we had worked previously. Fast and aggressive with a keen eye for detail. It was all about the hook. The meat of the song. Tony really cracked the whip on us as players. I think I left that experience a better songwriter as well. We were in talks with some labels and things were at our peak in terms of breaking. Unfortunately, we broke up instead of onto the music scene. We have worked on one song with Tony recently and his style hit me in the face. Very blunt and to the point. I think anyone that knows Tony knows that quality about him. He is a great producer with a unique character to say the least. My time recording that record in a matter of weeks at Avalon Recording Studio produced some of my fondest memories in the studio period. Tony has worked with some top names (Ramones, Talking Heads) and I was fortunate enough (along with the guys) to have experienced his genius in the studio.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://josephbeaty.com
RCopt
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mindlikewater working with Tony Bongiovi.   Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:43 pm

Beaty wrote:
Being an artist and also part of the Bongiovi team...I often look back on the time Mindlikewater recorded the record, Curving Toward the Sun. Tony Bongiovi produced this record with us. It was a very eye opening experience for all of us. Working at a capacity so unlike the way we had worked previously. Fast and aggressive with a keen eye for detail. It was all about the hook. The meat of the song. Tony really cracked the whip on us as players. I think I left that experience a better songwriter as well. We were in talks with some labels and things were at our peak in terms of breaking. Unfortunately, we broke up instead of onto the music scene. We have worked on one song with Tony recently and his style hit me in the face. Very blunt and to the point. I think anyone that knows Tony knows that quality about him. He is a great producer with a unique character to say the least. My time recording that record in a matter of weeks at Avalon Recording Studio produced some of my fondest memories in the studio period. Tony has worked with some top names (Ramones, Talking Heads) and I was fortunate enough (along with the guys) to have experienced his genius in the studio.

I couldn't agree more. It's a real pleasure and an amazing learning experience every time I work with Tony whether it be on a project that I'm involved in creatively or not. His "No BS" way of doing things is a real breath of fresh air. He always speaks his mind about things and doesn't sugar coat it. If something's wrong, it WILL get fixed and no minute detail will be allowed to slide by. I'm always in awe of how well he gets into the artist's head and how incredibly creative he is. He's also a master of maintaining a great vibe while making sure work gets done. There is no wasted time, and productivity is always maximized.

I could go on forever, but I've gotta stop singing his praises otherwise he'll never let me hear the end of it. tongue
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xaqmusic
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mindlikewater working with Tony Bongiovi.   Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:07 pm

moosecock! rendeer
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://dpsinsider.com
RCopt
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mindlikewater working with Tony Bongiovi.   Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:56 pm

xaqmusic wrote:
moosecock! rendeer

christ sake!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mindlikewater working with Tony Bongiovi.   

Back to top Go down

Mindlikewater working with Tony Bongiovi.
Page 1 of 1