Bongiovi Acoustics Legacy Forums
This is our legacy forum! Please visit http://www.dpsinsider.com for current news and discussions. Thanks!
Bongiovi Acoustics Legacy Forums

This forum is maintained to preserve the vibrant discussions of the JVC KD-S100

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
The DPS Plug-In for iTunes (mac only) is now available! Visit www.dpsplugin.com for more details...
Thanks for your interest in our forums! We have just launched our new forum page at http://www.dpsinsider.com All new questions and conversations will be routed there. When registering, please be sure to check your junk mail folder for your confirmation email. Thanks! The BA Team

Share | 

OEM Profiles

Go down 
AuthorMessage
country_3030

PostSubject: OEM Profiles   Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:41 pm

I noticed somewhere that it is mentioned as a factory upgrade the dealer would install the profile specific for the vehicle. Will these specific profiles be available to customers who by this unit from crutch field?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vanguard92

PostSubject: Re: OEM Profiles   Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:03 am

Just picked up a KDS100 today. I'm a Musician with a BA in Music Performance. I've spent some time in the studio but on the other side of the mic. I can appreciate what you guys are doing.

Looking forward to some new profiles.

Currently driving a '00 Contour SVT with the upgraded factory system (seperate amps for the speakers) but not the high end JBL system. Adding a set of JL 10's in sealed enclosure within the next month or so. After I see how it sounds then I'll decide whether to upgrade the stock drivers too.

How far along did the profiles go before JVC pulled the plug on the whole experiment? Anything already preprogrammed for many vehicles or did it get that far?

Mainly curious because if profiles already exist for some vehicles it may make it easier on those of us with those vehicles.

Scott W.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xaqmusic
Admin

PostSubject: Re: OEM Profiles   Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:00 pm

Vanguard92 wrote:
Just picked up a KDS100 today. I'm a Musician with a BA in Music Performance. I've spent some time in the studio but on the other side of the mic. I can appreciate what you guys are doing.

Looking forward to some new profiles.

Currently driving a '00 Contour SVT with the upgraded factory system (seperate amps for the speakers) but not the high end JBL system. Adding a set of JL 10's in sealed enclosure within the next month or so. After I see how it sounds then I'll decide whether to upgrade the stock drivers too.

How far along did the profiles go before JVC pulled the plug on the whole experiment? Anything already preprogrammed for many vehicles or did it get that far?

Mainly curious because if profiles already exist for some vehicles it may make it easier on those of us with those vehicles.

Scott W.

As of now the Beta Profile experiment is still underway. We are collecting reviews and comments about people's experiences with the beta profile variations and may be coming up with a revision sometime in the future. As far as the vehicle-specific profiles go, they were available at the dealer level and due to licensing concerns we cannot release those profiles at this time. Besides, the Universal Profile and its variations cover a much wider range of vehicles due to the vast range of possibilities when all models of cars and any aftermarket equipment is taken into account. With six new variations to choose from, choosing a profile for your setup should be pretty easy. I encourage everyone to take the time and create a profile CD for each variation to try in your vehicle.

By the way, what school did you go to?

Joe
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://dpsinsider.com
Vanguard92

PostSubject: Re: OEM Profiles   Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:28 pm

I started at University of Northern Colorado and finished up at Metropolitan State College of Denver. I've backed Jon Faddis, Wynton Marsalis, Red Rodney, Bobby Shew. Some big Jazz names. Back in my college days (late 80's early 90's) I marched with a few big Drum Corps also. Namely Velvet Knights and Santa Clara Vanguard. Real life kicks in at some point and I had to actually start making money so I haven't picked up my axe in awhile. But the ear never leaves you!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xaqmusic
Admin

PostSubject: Re: OEM Profiles   Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:23 pm

Vanguard92 wrote:
I started at University of Northern Colorado and finished up at Metropolitan State College of Denver. I've backed Jon Faddis, Wynton Marsalis, Red Rodney, Bobby Shew. Some big Jazz names. Back in my college days (late 80's early 90's) I marched with a few big Drum Corps also. Namely Velvet Knights and Santa Clara Vanguard. Real life kicks in at some point and I had to actually start making money so I haven't picked up my axe in awhile. But the ear never leaves you!

Great! I am a drummer myself and graduated from Berklee in Boston in '97. I always wanted to march in the corps (had some friends who marched with Magic of Orlando) but I ended up in a band and in the studio. Goodtimes!
Back to top Go down
Vanguard92

PostSubject: never said what I play. DOH!   Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:16 pm

I've played Trumpet since 1982. I picked up some percussion through Drum Corps, but my main instrument in Drum Corps was Mellophone. 3rd place in '90 and 2nd in '92 at DCI solo competition. If I only had chosen to practice a little bit.... No

You know the difference between a drummer and a percussionist right?

A drummer can't spell percussionist. lol!

I'm assuming your a percussionist then Xaq! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HoosierDaddy

PostSubject: Re: OEM Profiles   Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:33 pm

I have the same question: are the OEM profiles available? I've looked at the beta profile descriptions and most are for subwoofers and/or aftermarket speakers and my vehicle has neither. So I suspect that a profile for my exact vehicle or a similar vehicle would be much more likely to be better than any of the current beta profiles (I still plan to try the betas).

And correct me if I'm wrong, but there seems little chance any beta will sound "right". Its a matter of does it sound "good" to an individual who is listening to it and is mostly subjective. Not that that is a bad thing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
williamk10

PostSubject: Re: OEM Profiles   Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:23 pm

Which profile would be best for a Nissan Versa hatchback with factory basic 4 speakers with no tweeters on the A pillars?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xaqmusic
Admin

PostSubject: Re: OEM Profiles   Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:36 am

williamk10 wrote:
Which profile would be best for a Nissan Versa hatchback with factory basic 4 speakers with no tweeters on the A pillars?

For no tweeters VAR 03 or VAR 02 should be great if the stock Universal Profile doesn't do the trick. Stay tuned though...there may be more options coming.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OEM Profiles   

Back to top Go down

OEM Profiles
Page 1 of 1