Bongiovi Acoustics Legacy Forums
This is our legacy forum! Please visit http://www.dpsinsider.com for current news and discussions. Thanks!
This is our legacy forum! Please visit http://www.dpsinsider.com for current news and discussions. Thanks!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum is maintained to preserve the vibrant discussions of the JVC KD-S100

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
The DPS Plug-In for iTunes (mac only) is now available! Visit www.dpsplugin.com for more details...
Thanks for your interest in our forums! We have just launched our new forum page at http://www.dpsinsider.com All new questions and conversations will be routed there. When registering, please be sure to check your junk mail folder for your confirmation email. Thanks! The BA Team

Unable to apply profile

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
jseemuth

jseemuth

Unable to apply profile Empty
PostSubject: Unable to apply profile   Unable to apply profile Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 7:12 pm

I have been unable to download profiles to my head unit. I first tried copying the entire folder of one profile to a cd-r, which did not work. I then tried copying the contents of the folder, which still didn't work. Both times the head unit failed to download the new profile. Any help on what files and/or folder to copy to the cd-r would be appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Vanguard92

Vanguard92

PostSubject: Re: Unable to apply profile   Unable to apply profile Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 2:47 am

You didnt read the instructions in the zip file did you.

You must copy only the contents of ONE FOLDER onto the CD-R. One profile per CD.
Back to top Go down
jseemuth

jseemuth

PostSubject: Re: Unable to apply profile   Unable to apply profile Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 4:41 pm

I read the read.me file. As my initial query implies, I burned the folder ("DPS VAR 03") containing only one profile, not all of them The head unit would not download the profile. I then burned the individual files that were inside that folder, which also didn't work. By the way, why the yelling?
Back to top Go down
jseemuth

jseemuth

PostSubject: Re: Unable to apply profile   Unable to apply profile Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 4:52 pm

Just thought I would add that I did extract the files from the .zip compressed status.
Back to top Go down
Vanguard92

Vanguard92

PostSubject: Re: Unable to apply profile   Unable to apply profile Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 3:35 am

wasn't yelling, just accenting a few certain words. There's enough people out there, without a clue, that you sometimes have to be VERY clear about what you're saying. Rolling Eyes

If you extracted the files and burned the contents of one folder onto the CD-R (not the folder and the contents), and it still didn't work, then I would think you have something wrong with the head unit. Make sure you closed the session on the disc when you wrote it. I don't think the unit will read CD-rewriteable discs. The other thing to try is re downloading the .zip file. maybe it got corrupted in transfer? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jseemuth

jseemuth

PostSubject: Re: Unable to apply profile   Unable to apply profile Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 2:58 pm

Thanks for the input. I used a different computer, burning program (Roxio instead of Encina) and CD-R (48x vs 52x, although I have no idea why that would matter), and it worked fine. Looking forward to trying the other variations, and Var 3 sounds better in my Montero Sport. Thanks again for this service and I'm looking forward to other options.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unable to apply profile   Unable to apply profile Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Unable to apply profile
Page 1 of 1