Bongiovi Acoustics Legacy Forums
This is our legacy forum! Please visit http://www.dpsinsider.com for current news and discussions. Thanks!
This is our legacy forum! Please visit http://www.dpsinsider.com for current news and discussions. Thanks!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum is maintained to preserve the vibrant discussions of the JVC KD-S100

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
The DPS Plug-In for iTunes (mac only) is now available! Visit www.dpsplugin.com for more details...
Thanks for your interest in our forums! We have just launched our new forum page at http://www.dpsinsider.com All new questions and conversations will be routed there. When registering, please be sure to check your junk mail folder for your confirmation email. Thanks! The BA Team

Need JVC original factory profile

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
relayden

Need JVC original factory profile Empty
PostSubject: Need JVC original factory profile   Need JVC original factory profile Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 4:02 am

I read it was going to be available, still nothing.

I have two units one in a Honda element, the other on a 03 Xterra.

Mounted the units, first on the element, 4 x 6.5 Pioneer 4-way speakers, 2 Clarion tweeters. it was a complete turnaround for that car, the Sony unit it replaced was nothing close to the fullness of sound, specially the lows. Now it sounded more than decent, clean deep lows and more power. Midrange and highs are way too bright, had to turn the treble down to -5 to ease things bit.

Installed the included cd profile and gone, no matter which profile I tried, sound was not up to par as the original . Highs and mid were better, cleaner, but the bass suffered a lot, and I mean a lot. Gone are the lows from around 50Hz below? (I guess) - or just the overall volume of it was turned down. Also the front sound stage seems exaggerated, leaving the rears way to low in volume, had to compensate with the fader controls.

I tried a lot of material, Collective Soul, Fleetwood Mac, Boston, Dirty Vegas, Enigma, songs that I'm used to hear in a lot of different set-ups. And so far the best profile was the original JVC one, hands down. So in the end I switched that unit for the one that was not yet installed in the Xterra in order to have the JVC profile and voila! rich sound again.

What I suggest is to leave the lows on this profile alone and work the mids and highs to tone them down and clear them a bit(they can sometimes sound harsh and a bit muffled) but overall way to loud, that would be a pretty neutral profile. For those of us that don't have subs it will be great.

Installed the spoiled unit in the Xterra, which has 2 x 6.5 front Panasonic 2-way, 2 factory tweeters and 2 x 6x9 3 way Sony in the rear. Pretty decent sound emanates from these units even with the factory receiver. With an old Kenwood top of the line unit it sounded very, very good until it died 5 years later, I really miss it. Anyway, mounted the unit and not a single one of the profiles measures up to the JVC one ( I also tried the unspoiled unit here). Even thou the set-up in the Xterra is better and reveals more lows, none of them were able to match the factory profile.

Besides the above the unit is decent, buttons are too small and takes like forever for sound to come up when you turn it on or change source, the cd takes quite a bit to load, but the potential for good music reproduction and customization is more important to me, specially at the price I got them.

So I'm in need of the Original profile or an improved version like I suggested above, otherwise I will have to return the spoiled unit.
Back to top Go down
xaqmusic
Admin
xaqmusic

PostSubject: Re: Need JVC original factory profile   Need JVC original factory profile Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 2:59 pm

relayden wrote:
I read it was going to be available, still nothing.

I have two units one in a Honda element, the other on a 03 Xterra.

Mounted the units, first on the element, 4 x 6.5 Pioneer 4-way speakers, 2 Clarion tweeters. it was a complete turnaround for that car, the Sony unit it replaced was nothing close to the fullness of sound, specially the lows. Now it sounded more than decent, clean deep lows and more power. Midrange and highs are way too bright, had to turn the treble down to -5 to ease things bit.

Installed the included cd profile and gone, no matter which profile I tried, sound was not up to par as the original . Highs and mid were better, cleaner, but the bass suffered a lot, and I mean a lot. Gone are the lows from around 50Hz below? (I guess) - or just the overall volume of it was turned down. Also the front sound stage seems exaggerated, leaving the rears way to low in volume, had to compensate with the fader controls.

I tried a lot of material, Collective Soul, Fleetwood Mac, Boston, Dirty Vegas, Enigma, songs that I'm used to hear in a lot of different set-ups. And so far the best profile was the original JVC one, hands down. So in the end I switched that unit for the one that was not yet installed in the Xterra in order to have the JVC profile and voila! rich sound again.

What I suggest is to leave the lows on this profile alone and work the mids and highs to tone them down and clear them a bit(they can sometimes sound harsh and a bit muffled) but overall way to loud, that would be a pretty neutral profile. For those of us that don't have subs it will be great.

Installed the spoiled unit in the Xterra, which has 2 x 6.5 front Panasonic 2-way, 2 factory tweeters and 2 x 6x9 3 way Sony in the rear. Pretty decent sound emanates from these units even with the factory receiver. With an old Kenwood top of the line unit it sounded very, very good until it died 5 years later, I really miss it. Anyway, mounted the unit and not a single one of the profiles measures up to the JVC one ( I also tried the unspoiled unit here). Even thou the set-up in the Xterra is better and reveals more lows, none of them were able to match the factory profile.

Besides the above the unit is decent, buttons are too small and takes like forever for sound to come up when you turn it on or change source, the cd takes quite a bit to load, but the potential for good music reproduction and customization is more important to me, specially at the price I got them.

So I'm in need of the Original profile or an improved version like I suggested above, otherwise I will have to return the spoiled unit.

Have you tried all of the profile variations? They are available here:

http://www.bongioviacoustics.com/kds100beta.html

VAR SUB 03 is basically the factory profile. This one is important for folks like yourself who have installed high quality aftermarket equipment. Keep in mind one of the main purposes for the DPS technology is to achieve great sound with smaller, lighter or more in-expensive components. As you add the heaver, more efficient hardware, the application of the DPS needs to be much more focused and specific to that particular system. At that point the DPS no longer needs to make up for the inefficiencies inherent in stock speakers and must be tuned for vehicle specific issues such as road noise and the acoustic properties of the cab.
That being said, try ALL of the new profiles. It won't take that long and it will be worth the effort! Let me know how it turns out...
Joe
Back to top Go down
http://dpsinsider.com
hwmiller

PostSubject: Re: Need JVC original factory profile   Need JVC original factory profile Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 3:38 pm

By pushng the "reset" button, would not that take you back to the original setting?
Back to top Go down
relayden

PostSubject: Re: Need JVC original factory profile   Need JVC original factory profile Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 10:02 pm

I've tried all profiles but sub 2 and 3. I'll download and give it a shot.

Thanks!

I don't think pressing the reset button will take the unit back to the profile, just the settings. Thou I not entirely sure.
Back to top Go down
relayden

PostSubject: Re: Need JVC original factory profile   Need JVC original factory profile Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 3:07 am

Tested the profiles, close but not there yet. They still lack the lows the original has...
Back to top Go down
relayden

PostSubject: Re: Need JVC original factory profile   Need JVC original factory profile Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 1:21 am

Any news regarding the Factory profile?

Otherwise I'll have to return the unit.
Back to top Go down
dlindler

PostSubject: Re: Need JVC original factory profile   Need JVC original factory profile Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 6:59 pm

Now I find myself hesitant to install the Universal Profile on the CD that came w/ my new unit. I just installed the receiver last night and haven't yet used the CD to update to the Universal profile. This means I'm using the JVC factory profile and it doesn't sound terrible ('04 Dodge Ram 1500 QuadCab, 4 speaker, stock system except for the KD-S100).

My fear is that if I install the Universal profile and don't like it as well as the factory default, and then I try all 6 of the Beta profiles and end up in the same boat (still prefering the JVC factory default), that I will then have no way to get back to the factory default profile. I haven't been able to find a place where I can download the JVC Factory Default Profile if I happen to want to revert to that in the end.

Anyone know if there's a way to do this?
-Dave
Back to top Go down
xaqmusic
Admin
xaqmusic

PostSubject: Re: Need JVC original factory profile   Need JVC original factory profile Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 3:48 am

dlindler wrote:
Now I find myself hesitant to install the Universal Profile on the CD that came w/ my new unit. I just installed the receiver last night and haven't yet used the CD to update to the Universal profile. This means I'm using the JVC factory profile and it doesn't sound terrible ('04 Dodge Ram 1500 QuadCab, 4 speaker, stock system except for the KD-S100).

My fear is that if I install the Universal profile and don't like it as well as the factory default, and then I try all 6 of the Beta profiles and end up in the same boat (still prefering the JVC factory default), that I will then have no way to get back to the factory default profile. I haven't been able to find a place where I can download the JVC Factory Default Profile if I happen to want to revert to that in the end.

Anyone know if there's a way to do this?
-Dave

It's a big bummer but that old JVC placeholder profile is not to be had. It's too bad cuz it really works for some people! I've cooked up a profile that is very similar so if you want to try the other profiles you should be cool if you really want to go back. If you are 100% pleased with the JVC one then leave it but it is true that there can be quite an improvement with a stock setup like yours. VAR 01 or VAR 03 should be a nice improvement in your vehicle.
Joe
Back to top Go down
http://dpsinsider.com
dlindler

PostSubject: Re: Need JVC original factory profile   Need JVC original factory profile Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 7:54 pm

I finally got time to play with the Beta profiles. I tried the Universal profile that came on the CD shipped w/ the unit and didn't like it near as much as the default JVC factory default profile. I then tried VAR 01 - better than the Universal profile, but I liked the JVC factory default better. I then tried VAR 03 and I'm much happier w/ that one (yes. I like it much more than the JVC factory default profile!). Without the Beta profiles you guys made available, I'm sure Crutchfield would be getting a lot more returned units than they do...

Thanks for the support!
-Dave
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need JVC original factory profile   Need JVC original factory profile Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need JVC original factory profile
Page 1 of 1