Bongiovi Acoustics Legacy Forums
This is our legacy forum! Please visit http://www.dpsinsider.com for current news and discussions. Thanks!
This is our legacy forum! Please visit http://www.dpsinsider.com for current news and discussions. Thanks!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum is maintained to preserve the vibrant discussions of the JVC KD-S100

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
The DPS Plug-In for iTunes (mac only) is now available! Visit www.dpsplugin.com for more details...
Thanks for your interest in our forums! We have just launched our new forum page at http://www.dpsinsider.com All new questions and conversations will be routed there. When registering, please be sure to check your junk mail folder for your confirmation email. Thanks! The BA Team

would using this deck and an outboard dsp help tune this better? please read for more info

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
jax

would using this deck and an outboard dsp help tune this better? please read for more info Empty
PostSubject: would using this deck and an outboard dsp help tune this better? please read for more info   would using this deck and an outboard dsp help tune this better? please read for more info Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 3:02 am

I have looked at this deck many many times....looks great and has usb which would be nice...

I have read many reviews and it seems like for some people its difficult to tune to their liking..

I am not in any way faulting the deck. but here is my dilema...

I have 2 amps I want to run. they have not arrived just yet but in a few days. they have an onbaord dsp & crossover section I am told is pretty nice..its all digital(the dsp )

I am wondering if I can make the deck sound more to my liking with help from the amps dsp ?

any idea?

this is such a great deal and I like the looks of it more than most of the decks out and I have used them all....

I am not one whom needs 4 way or 3 way active with time alignment and all that other stuff..that is what is attractive about this deck...its fairly simple...

I just wonder if outboard dsp can give it a little more help......

I am going to run Kicker SX amps btw

thanks
Back to top Go down
jax

would using this deck and an outboard dsp help tune this better? please read for more info Empty
PostSubject: Re: would using this deck and an outboard dsp help tune this better? please read for more info   would using this deck and an outboard dsp help tune this better? please read for more info Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 4:13 am

I guess i will not buy this deck.
Back to top Go down
xaqmusic
Admin
xaqmusic

PostSubject: Tweakability...   would using this deck and an outboard dsp help tune this better? please read for more info Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 5:58 pm

As a general comment to all of you who are building a high end audio system in your vehicle and are considering the KD-S100:

This head unit was originally designed to enhance factory speakers. That is what it is good at. An engineer sat inside each vehicle and made custom tunings for each vehicles' hardware and acoustics that the KD-S100 was to be installed in. The Universal Profile variations help our Crutchfield customers achieve customization by having a rage of tuning options to choose from. (available here: http://www.bongioviacoustics.com/kds100beta.html ) The Digital Power Station technology inside is very powerful and can breathe new life into a stock setup. However, as you spend more money on crossovers, amplifiers and high end speakers, the role of the DPS technology must be adjusted accordingly.

This means a Bongiovi Acoustics engineer would need to sit in your vehicle with the upgraded hardware to create a tuning that allows the high end equipment to perform at it's peak while compensating for acoustics and road noise and other factors. Unfortunately this cannot be done by the end user. We have proprietary software and hardware that interfaces with our technology in this unit. If you are looking for a multiband eq or other features that would allow you to adjust a high end setup, the KD-S100 doesn't have those features.

The KD-S100 IS a very nice sounding unit with features you may want at a great price though. If you are using external components for tuning it could work for your setup and odds are one of the Profile Variations will work nicely with your setup. However I don't want to give any illusions that the KD-S100 is the ideal for this application. Hope this helps!

Joe
Back to top Go down
http://dpsinsider.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: would using this deck and an outboard dsp help tune this better? please read for more info   would using this deck and an outboard dsp help tune this better? please read for more info Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

would using this deck and an outboard dsp help tune this better? please read for more info
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bongiovi Acoustics Legacy Forums :: JVC KD-S100 Car Audio System-
Jump to: