Bongiovi Acoustics Legacy Forums
This is our legacy forum! Please visit http://www.dpsinsider.com for current news and discussions. Thanks!
This is our legacy forum! Please visit http://www.dpsinsider.com for current news and discussions. Thanks!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum is maintained to preserve the vibrant discussions of the JVC KD-S100

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
The DPS Plug-In for iTunes (mac only) is now available! Visit www.dpsplugin.com for more details...
Thanks for your interest in our forums! We have just launched our new forum page at http://www.dpsinsider.com All new questions and conversations will be routed there. When registering, please be sure to check your junk mail folder for your confirmation email. Thanks! The BA Team

Radio reception poor?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
williamk10

williamk10

Radio reception poor? Empty
PostSubject: Radio reception poor?   Radio reception poor? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 6:26 pm

I installed the KD S100 last night, loving the sound from the USB but do any other board members notice poor AM and FM radio reception? My FM stops working in an underground parking lot and my AM barely works outside and not at all in my underground lot (it used to with my old stock radio)
Back to top Go down
eglish

PostSubject: Re: Radio reception poor?   Radio reception poor? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 7:31 pm

I'm not noticing a large difference with my unit, but I also don't use AM/FM too much. Looking at the specs the unit has 11.3dBf on the FM which is good, but not great. You can try getting a powered (or more powered) antenna if you want to try and make up for it.
Back to top Go down
xaqmusic
Admin
xaqmusic

PostSubject: Re: Radio reception poor?   Radio reception poor? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 8:19 pm

williamk10 wrote:
I installed the KD S100 last night, loving the sound from the USB but do any other board members notice poor AM and FM radio reception? My FM stops working in an underground parking lot and my AM barely works outside and not at all in my underground lot (it used to with my old stock radio)

I'm sure you've checked this but sometimes the antenna connector may seem properly attached but is loose or isn't providing a firm contact. This will significantly reduce signal quality. I noticed no difference in reception between my stock Hyundai Tucson radio and the KD-S100.

Joe
Back to top Go down
http://dpsinsider.com
williamk10

williamk10

PostSubject: Re: Radio reception poor?   Radio reception poor? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 10:39 pm

Thanks for the replies.

one thing I may not have done correctly is the antenna adaptor for the stock antenna connector has 2 wires. One is a thick metal connector that goes into the KD S100's antenna connector. I'm not sure where the other wire is supposed to go. It is green. I figured it may need ground but after connecting it to ground, it didn't make any difference.
Back to top Go down
eglish

PostSubject: Re: Radio reception poor?   Radio reception poor? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 10:48 pm

williamk10 wrote:

one thing I may not have done correctly is the antenna adaptor for the stock antenna connector has 2 wires. One is a thick metal connector that goes into the KD S100's antenna connector. I'm not sure where the other wire is supposed to go. It is green. I figured it may need ground but after connecting it to ground, it didn't make any difference.

Power?

What kind of car do you have?
Back to top Go down
williamk10

williamk10

PostSubject: Re: Radio reception poor?   Radio reception poor? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 10:49 pm

2007 Nissan Versa

EDIT: I just searched online, you're right, it is for power.

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radio reception poor?   Radio reception poor? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radio reception poor?
Page 1 of 1