Bongiovi Acoustics Legacy Forums
This is our legacy forum! Please visit http://www.dpsinsider.com for current news and discussions. Thanks!
This is our legacy forum! Please visit http://www.dpsinsider.com for current news and discussions. Thanks!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum is maintained to preserve the vibrant discussions of the JVC KD-S100

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
The DPS Plug-In for iTunes (mac only) is now available! Visit www.dpsplugin.com for more details...
Thanks for your interest in our forums! We have just launched our new forum page at http://www.dpsinsider.com All new questions and conversations will be routed there. When registering, please be sure to check your junk mail folder for your confirmation email. Thanks! The BA Team

Question, skeptical

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
kangy3

Question, skeptical Empty
PostSubject: Question, skeptical   Question, skeptical Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 1:16 am

I bought this radio off of crutchfield originally just so i could plug my iPod into it. it was a decent stereo for the price and i have always liked JVC's products. Researching more on the stereo i learned of this Bongiovi stuff and i'm a bit skeptical. I have no doubt that it works like its supposed too, but i'm not too confident in my stereos speakers too make it sound like JVC and Bongiovi are advertising.

First off, i own a 1996 pontiac bonneville. The speakers in the rear deck are 6x9 stock. And they are amazing. Never before have i heard such bassy and responsive stock speakers. they sound great and i couldn't be happier with them.

my door speakers? not so much. the rear speakers completely drown them out and you never really notice them until you turn the fade up to them about 3/4 of the way. with the rear speakers off, the sound coming from the front is a joke. I think the most of it has to do with how my equalizer is set. which is 7 band, shaped like a V. bass up, mids at the middle of the equalizer, and the treble up. The highs in my door speakers are almost completely being drowned out from the bass. and the bass in the door speakers really suck. this results in a muddy sound that is almost completely overrun by distorted bass.

i have no doubts that this feature works, i just don't think my door speakers can justify it's use. That's why i came to this site and downloaded the beta profiles. Can anyone recommend which profile i should use? or am i better off upgrading my door speakers. (which i plan on doing in a couple months anyway.)

additional information: i'm pretty sure my bonneville's door speakers have tweeters, because there is a smaller, second grill in each door. i would love some help and i will get back to you asap and i will be installing the stereo sometime in the next two weeks.
Back to top Go down
xaqmusic
Admin
xaqmusic

PostSubject: Re: Question, skeptical   Question, skeptical Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 4:21 pm

kangy3 wrote:
I bought this radio off of crutchfield originally just so i could plug my iPod into it. it was a decent stereo for the price and i have always liked JVC's products. Researching more on the stereo i learned of this Bongiovi stuff and i'm a bit skeptical. I have no doubt that it works like its supposed too, but i'm not too confident in my stereos speakers too make it sound like JVC and Bongiovi are advertising.

First off, i own a 1996 pontiac bonneville. The speakers in the rear deck are 6x9 stock. And they are amazing. Never before have i heard such bassy and responsive stock speakers. they sound great and i couldn't be happier with them.

my door speakers? not so much. the rear speakers completely drown them out and you never really notice them until you turn the fade up to them about 3/4 of the way. with the rear speakers off, the sound coming from the front is a joke. I think the most of it has to do with how my equalizer is set. which is 7 band, shaped like a V. bass up, mids at the middle of the equalizer, and the treble up. The highs in my door speakers are almost completely being drowned out from the bass. and the bass in the door speakers really suck. this results in a muddy sound that is almost completely overrun by distorted bass.

i have no doubts that this feature works, i just don't think my door speakers can justify it's use. That's why i came to this site and downloaded the beta profiles. Can anyone recommend which profile i should use? or am i better off upgrading my door speakers. (which i plan on doing in a couple months anyway.)

additional information: i'm pretty sure my bonneville's door speakers have tweeters, because there is a smaller, second grill in each door. i would love some help and i will get back to you asap and i will be installing the stereo sometime in the next two weeks.

The beta profiles should help a lot in this situation! VAR 01 and VAR 03 seem to be the most popular for your application though I would recommend trying them all just to be sure.
I would like to continue this conversation on our new forum page at www.DPSInsider.com I'll post your question and reply to the speaker question there. Sorry for the inconvenience, we are just aiming to transition all conversations to that forum by the new year. Thanks!
Joe
Back to top Go down
http://dpsinsider.com
jax

PostSubject: Re: Question, skeptical   Question, skeptical Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 3:17 am

let me say that it sounds like the system in your car is same as the stock one that came in my 98 Regal...they are on the same platform and I too have the tweets in the doors...

seeing that they car you have is a 96 ..wouldnt it be about time to replace those factory speakers.?

when I got my car they were all but toast...foam surrounds were almost all rotten...

just thought it was odd to still want to run them now that they are 14yrs old...imo
Back to top Go down
kangy3

PostSubject: Re: Question, skeptical   Question, skeptical Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 3:32 am

our cars have the same engine and GM used the 3800 series II up until 04. the series 3 may have been introduced before then but i'm not sure. our cars share an engine but our interiors are very different. you don't have the same setup type of speakers i do your door speakers are probably bigger and your tweeters are probably mounted above the dash on a windshield pillar or something. my tweeters are in the door by my knees and i honestly don't think are doing much since i can't hear them even when i turn the rears off and put my head right by the second grill. as far as upgrading goes i don't feel the need to just yet because they still work they aren't blown or anything.
Back to top Go down
kangy3

PostSubject: Re: Question, skeptical   Question, skeptical Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 3:37 am

also i'm having a hard time registering on the new site, i haven't gotten a confirmation email to activate my account so i can't log in or post.
Back to top Go down
xaqmusic
Admin
xaqmusic

PostSubject: Re: Question, skeptical   Question, skeptical Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 5:11 pm

kangy3 wrote:
also i'm having a hard time registering on the new site, i haven't gotten a confirmation email to activate my account so i can't log in or post.

I just registered using a hotmail account. It DID end up in the junk mail folder. Just look for the email labeled "dpsinsider - forums" in your junk mail folder. Your password will be there.
Back to top Go down
http://dpsinsider.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question, skeptical   Question, skeptical Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Question, skeptical
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bongiovi Acoustics Legacy Forums :: JVC KD-S100 Car Audio System-
Jump to: