Bongiovi Acoustics Legacy Forums
This is our legacy forum! Please visit http://www.dpsinsider.com for current news and discussions. Thanks!
This is our legacy forum! Please visit http://www.dpsinsider.com for current news and discussions. Thanks!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum is maintained to preserve the vibrant discussions of the JVC KD-S100

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
The DPS Plug-In for iTunes (mac only) is now available! Visit www.dpsplugin.com for more details...
Thanks for your interest in our forums! We have just launched our new forum page at http://www.dpsinsider.com All new questions and conversations will be routed there. When registering, please be sure to check your junk mail folder for your confirmation email. Thanks! The BA Team

Custom Profiles

Go down 
+2
xaqmusic
Storm
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Storm

Custom Profiles Empty
PostSubject: Custom Profiles   Custom Profiles Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 10:58 pm

Hey xaq, and whoever else is lurking out there. Just joined the forums and also received my KD-S100 from Crutchfield. It's not bad so far, though not thrilled with the sound just yet. You mentioned some custom configurations for tweakheads? Twisted Evil

I assume it is mostly editing this txt file on the cd but do you know what each number stands for or have a link to some information on setting this up?

Thanks for any info you can provide.
Back to top Go down
xaqmusic
Admin
xaqmusic

Custom Profiles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom Profiles   Custom Profiles Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 3:09 pm

Storm wrote:
Hey xaq, and whoever else is lurking out there. Just joined the forums and also received my KD-S100 from Crutchfield. It's not bad so far, though not thrilled with the sound just yet. You mentioned some custom configurations for tweakheads? Twisted Evil

I assume it is mostly editing this txt file on the cd but do you know what each number stands for or have a link to some information on setting this up?

Thanks for any info you can provide.
thanks for your concern! I'm excited to report that we are going to begin a new project to bring more profiles to our Crutchfield customers. Check my new post on the forum.
Joe
Back to top Go down
http://dpsinsider.com
Storm

Custom Profiles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom Profiles   Custom Profiles Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 1:55 pm

That is good to hear. I think I am going to end up returning the HU though. Any quick tips on what I could play around with right now to try and get better sound? What the numbers mean or even just the min/max values so I don't freak out the software. Heck, even another profile from a different car setup would give me at least some clue of what is going on.

Thanks, even if you can't supply any of this. I appreciate your time and I'm sure you have other things to do.
Back to top Go down
xaqmusic
Admin
xaqmusic

Custom Profiles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom Profiles   Custom Profiles Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 6:13 pm

Storm wrote:
That is good to hear. I think I am going to end up returning the HU though. Any quick tips on what I could play around with right now to try and get better sound? What the numbers mean or even just the min/max values so I don't freak out the software. Heck, even another profile from a different car setup would give me at least some clue of what is going on.

Thanks, even if you can't supply any of this. I appreciate your time and I'm sure you have other things to do.

Hi Storm,
Of course you have every right to send the unit back if you aren't satisfied. However I would encourage you to keep tabs on this forum with regards to the exciting projects we have coming up involving the KD-S100. As far as the text file goes, I wouldn't try to edit those numbers. All of the files on the DPS setup CD are vital to each other and to the profile's compatibility with the radio. By changing the wrong thing you could risk messing up the radio. The actual tuning process we perform is actually pretty involved and quite interesting. I'll keep you posted as we move forward.
Joe
Back to top Go down
country_3030

country_3030

Custom Profiles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom Profiles   Custom Profiles Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 4:08 am

Will the users be able to make their own profiles to load in the unit or will it be limited to user downloads?

Sorry, ignore me, this was answered in another thread already.
Back to top Go down
xaqmusic
Admin
xaqmusic

Custom Profiles Empty
PostSubject: Follow our Twitter feed!   Custom Profiles Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 4:29 pm

Just in case you missed it...

Live tuning session tomorrow! Follow us at bongiovi_dps

cyclops
Back to top Go down
Intrepid04

Custom Profiles Empty
PostSubject: 2004 Dodge Intrepid   Custom Profiles Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 10:26 pm

Hi,
Just installed the KD-S100 in my 2004 Dodge Intrepid (without Infinity System). I tried all the profile in the beta program the VAR 01 sounds best comparatively. However my stock stereo had a little more deeper base though the mids and highs were as not defined in the old one.
Is there any possibility of getting a custom profile with little more deeper base?
It could be due to the Crystler cab forward design of the interior.

If not I will have to consider returning to Crutchfield.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
xaqmusic
Admin
xaqmusic

Custom Profiles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom Profiles   Custom Profiles Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 2:03 pm

Intrepid04 wrote:
Hi,
Just installed the KD-S100 in my 2004 Dodge Intrepid (without Infinity System). I tried all the profile in the beta program the VAR 01 sounds best comparatively. However my stock stereo had a little more deeper base though the mids and highs were as not defined in the old one.
Is there any possibility of getting a custom profile with little more deeper base?
It could be due to the Crystler cab forward design of the interior.

If not I will have to consider returning to Crutchfield.

Thanks

Do the treble and bass controls in the unit give you any usable results? You could try turning down the highs 2 notches and turning up the bass 3 or 4 for a nice deep sound.
Joe
Back to top Go down
Intrepid04

Custom Profiles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom Profiles   Custom Profiles Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 7:30 pm

I have the bass all the way up and highs about two notches up. I will try setting the highs down.
Will update tonight. Also going to try another set of speakers this weekend.

Do you have any suggestions or tips on after market speakers that may add little more bass to your profiles without an amplifier?
I won't hold you responsible :-) but willing to try ...so...
Back to top Go down
xaqmusic
Admin
xaqmusic

Custom Profiles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom Profiles   Custom Profiles Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 8:03 pm

Intrepid04 wrote:
I have the bass all the way up and highs about two notches up. I will try setting the highs down.
Will update tonight. Also going to try another set of speakers this weekend.

Do you have any suggestions or tips on after market speakers that may add little more bass to your profiles without an amplifier?
I won't hold you responsible :-) but willing to try ...so...
Well, things are relative when it comes to trebel and bass controls. Try turning the highs down more. If that still doesn't work try to describe what you ate missing out of the low end. Example: got plent of bass guitar but now sub in the kickdrum. Or perhaps a popular song that doesn't quite sound the way you want it to. I'm sure there is a way to get it sounding the way you want without new hardware.

Last edited by xaqmusic on Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Intrepid04

Custom Profiles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom Profiles   Custom Profiles Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 4:55 am

Ok tried the low trebles and it is exactly like you said "got plenty of bass guitar but now sub in the kickdrum". I think the mid bass is little too loud and bass is boomy with the GunsNRoses "Welcome to the jungle"
Back to top Go down
xaqmusic
Admin
xaqmusic

Custom Profiles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom Profiles   Custom Profiles Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 1:29 pm

Intrepid04 wrote:
Ok tried the low trebles and it is exactly like you said "got plenty of bass guitar but now sub in the kickdrum". I think the mid bass is little too loud and bass is boomy with the GunsNRoses "Welcome to the jungle"

and did you try VAR 03? Also VAR SUB 03 with the bass turned up might work. Usually VAR 01 has tight bass in smaller vehicles and VAR 03 tightens the bass for larger cabins. Let me know if vAR 03 is any better. If not maybe I can cook up another variation of 01. Let me know!
Back to top Go down
Intrepid04

Custom Profiles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom Profiles   Custom Profiles Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 4:37 pm

Quote :
and did you try VAR 03? Also VAR SUB 03 with the bass turned up might work. Usually VAR 01 has tight bass in smaller vehicles and VAR 03 tightens the bass for larger cabins. Let me know if VAR 03 is any better. If not maybe I can cook up another variation of 01. Let me know

I did try the VAR 03 again with Treble down and I like the bass better than with VAR 01 when Treble is down 2 notches, comparatively. But I do like the highs with Treble about 2 notches up but then the Bass goes down. I had the bass all the way up in all cases. Still would like the mid bass little lower because that hides the highs. I think I am talking about the 260Hz or 300Hz slider on a 5-Band Graphic Equalizer - to be little lower.
Back to top Go down
Intrepid04

Custom Profiles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom Profiles   Custom Profiles Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 4:43 pm

Oh one more thing ... I found this used Infinity speakers from another Intrepid (which had the factory premium Infinity sound system installed) and tried those at the rear deck. I think that probably those need about 100W RMS and I had to increase the volume a lot to get any bass. But at very high volume, it is excellent with both VAR 01 and VAR 03. But then it is too loud for the cabin.
Back to top Go down
Vanguard92

Vanguard92

Custom Profiles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom Profiles   Custom Profiles Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 4:17 am

Okay. I've tried all 6 of the profiles in my '00 Contour SVT. What I found interesting is that I preferred DPS VAR SUB 01 the most, even though I don't even have my subs installed yet. Lively without being harsh or fatiguing and bass was still pretty tight with some punch down low even on little 5x7's.

Hate the OEM DPS. Nice punch but it's SO BRIGHT you literally get fatigued listening to it fairly quickly.

I also liked DPS VAR 03 a little more than 01 even though its a relatively small car. I did notice the bass was tighter on 01 than 03, but I lost most of the depth, which 03 provided, however 03 was fairly subdued in the highs with my OEM drivers.

DPS VAR SUB 03 was exactly as described. General all around sound with sub. Sounded good, but very vanilla. Will have to try this one again once the subs are installed.

Driver placement is not quite standard. The Contour only has 5x7's in each of the doors (front and rear) and NONE in the dash or the rear deck. The speaker is WAY up at the front of the door and fairly high so that your legs don't cover up the grille too much, thereby letting most of the sound out unmuffled. Staging is surprisingly nice without any tweeters smearing on the windshield glass and rear deck drivers overpowering the front stage by pointing straight at the roof. I should add that this is not the base speaker package but one step up with the factory amp in the trunk.

I will have to see if maybe the tightness of DPS VAR 01 will sound better once the subs are there to fill in the depth, or if I will still prefer DPS VAR SUB 01.
Back to top Go down
hwmiller

Custom Profiles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom Profiles   Custom Profiles Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 7:39 pm

A question I have not seen answered yet...Are the original custom profiles still available? If there are any that are specific for my car,(2004 PT Cruiser) it would be great to get it. Who owns those profiles? JVC or Bongiovi or...? They seem to be ignored on this forum.

Another question. When was this unit introduced? My 2004 PT Cruiser original radio would display radio station call letters if the station made them available. This radio does not. When was the KD-S100 introduced?
I like it. Crutchfield provided everything I needed and it only cost me $130! It does have a learning curve, but I am slowly getting on to it.(My wife is having some trouble).javascript:emoticonp('Sad')
Back to top Go down
Vanguard92

Vanguard92

Custom Profiles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom Profiles   Custom Profiles Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 7:45 pm

XAQ answered the individual vehicle profile question. Due to licensing issues with the manufacturers they cannot be released as of yet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Custom Profiles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom Profiles   Custom Profiles Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Custom Profiles
Page 1 of 1